About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, living in the UK and married with a son who now lives in Perth, Australia and a daughter who has given me two gorgeous grandsons! Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials!

Contact me

Follow me

My blinkie

My weather

World time

Popular Posts

My Licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

My Tubed Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

Stickerchick – SC1875

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’Sign Depot – DD_CTVG

TinyTurtle Designs - TTD02490







In this tutorial I used the beautiful layered tube “Surprise Party”
from the latest pack 71 from
Barbara Jensen.
You can purchase Barbara’s tubes from

The kit is “Pretty in Pink” from
This is a really pretty kit that can also be purchased at

I used mask 23 from

Font is



Unless otherwise stated, I used a drop shadow of vertical 0, horizontal 5, opacity 75, blur 10.


Open a new transparent canvas 650 by 600 and fill with white.

Make a new layer, select all, paste paper 2 into the selection, deselect and apply the mask.

Paste element 14, resize 60% and rotate 10 degrees to the left, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste element 8, resize 80%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste element 2, resize 60% and rotate 10 degrees to the right.  Select the interior of the top section with your magic wand, expand the selection by 10, make an new layer below the element and paste paper 6 into it.  Apply the drop shadow to the frame and merge it down onto the paper.

Paste the tube, resize 70%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste element 5, resize 80%, drag down to just above the mask and duplicate, place in position and apply the drop shadow to each.

Paste element 27 just below the tube, resize 80% and apply a drop shadow but changing the horizontal to 2 and blur to 5.

Paste element 22, resize 85%, place in position and apply the drop shadow (remember to change the settings back).

Paste element 21, resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste element 15, resize 60%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste element 17, resize 50% and mirror, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste element 13, resize 70% and place in position.  Paste your tube again, mirror it and resize it 80%.  Click on the element to activate it and then click with your magic wand anywhere on your canvas out side it, expand the selection by 5, position the tube in the element and hit delete to remove the excess, deselect.  Apply the drop shadow to the tube and the element.

Paste element 28 on the top, resize 50% and rotate 70 degrees to the right, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste element 24, resize 40% and use your Pick tool (Deform tool in older versions) to make it a bit narrow, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Check your layers and make any necessary adjustments, then crop your tag, add your copyright information and text and export on a transparent background as a png.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

This site is registered for copyright with www.copyrighted.com.

The tutorials are, unless otherwise stated, my idea and written by me, any similarity to any other tutorial is entirely coincidental. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Vivienne and Vivienne's Paintbox with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Search Blog

Blog Archive

I CT for






Talk to me!