About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, living in the UK and married with a son who now lives in Perth, Australia and a daughter who has given me two gorgeous grandsons! Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials!

Contact me

Follow me

My blinkie

My weather

World time

Popular Posts

My Licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

My Tubed Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

Stickerchick – SC1875

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’Sign Depot – DD_CTVG

TinyTurtle Designs - TTD02490






In this tutorial I used the fabulous tube “Burlesque”
from the new pack 50 by
Barbara Jensen.
Pack 50 contains two previous exclusives that have
been totally re-done and have tons of brand new layers!
You can get the tubes from
Using one of Barbara’s layered tubes gives the
best results for this tag.

I used a gorgeous kit “Pink Kisses” by
The kit is also available at

You will need mask 79 by

You will also need the free filter

I used the font



Please check out my “About my tutorials” page if this the first time you have followed one of my tutorials, thank you.

I used a drop shadow of vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 85, blur 10.#

This tutorial requires some re-colouring which Barbara allows, if you are using a tube by another artist, you will need to check this is not a violation of you license.


Open the mask, go to Image – Rotate Right and then minimize it. 

Open a new transparent canvas 650 by 600 pixels and fill with white.

Open and copy pp2, make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper in the selection, deselect and apply the mask.  Apply the “Retro Dots” filter with the settings as my screenshot below.  When you first open the filter, you may get a preview that gets in the way, just drag it away.  When you have applied the filter, rotate the mask 10 degrees to the left and resize it 98%.




Open el9 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 70%, rotate 75 degrees to the right and position on the left.  Select the interior with your magic wand and expand the selection by 20, make a new layer below it and fill with black.  We will come back to this.

Open el13 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 45%, rotate 20 degrees to the right and place in position.  Select the interior with your magic wand and expand the selection by 5, make a new layer below it and fill with black.  We will come back to this also.

Open the tube, duplicate it and close the original, pick your layers choosing silver hair, copy merged and paste on your tag, place in position and apply the drop shadow.  I resized the tube 70%.

Open el14 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 45% and rotate 30 degrees to the left, drag below the tube and position on the left, duplicate, mirror the duplicate and position it on the right.  Apply the drop shadow to both layers. 

Open el8 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 50% and mirror, position behind the tube and apply the drop shadow.

Open el5, paste as a new layer and bring to the top.   Resize 55%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open el4 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 55% and duplicate, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open el11 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 55% and rotate 70 degrees to the right, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open el10 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 45%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open el16 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 45%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open el13 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 45% and rotate 20 degrees to the right, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Paste el8 again as a new layer.   Resize 45%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open el20 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 75%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open el18 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 50% and rotate 20 degrees to the left, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Check your layers and make any necessary adjustments.

Open el7 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 35%, position just below the tube and apply the drop shadow.

Open el2 and paste as a new layer.   Resize 55%, mirror,  place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open the close up tube, duplicate it and close the original.  Click on the bottom layer which is the main tube to activate it.  Go to Effects – Photo Effects – Black and White Film, pick BW normal from the drop down menu and click on ok.  Pick the black lips and pick the auburn hair then recolour it pink (check out my Tips and Tricks page for info on re-colouring).  Copy the tube merged and paste it as a new layer on your canvas.  Position the tube between the left frame and the black layer below it resizing as needed, select the interior of the frame as before, invert the selection and hit delete to remove the excess tube, deselect.  Paste the tube again, resize it as before and this time mirror it then position in the heart frame.  Apply the drop shadow to both frames and lower the opacity of the tubes to around 50.  I resized the tube 65%.

Open the main tube again and copy just the long black gloves.  Paste them on your canvas as a new layer on the tube, resize them 70% or the same as you resized the tube, position them on top of the original gloves and apply the drop shadow.  I had chosen a bracelet that went over the gloves so I copied the bracelet layer and also a piece of the beads that went over the gloves but I did not put a shadow on those.

When you are all done, crop your tag, add your copyright information and text, then export on a transparent background as a png.












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

This site is registered for copyright with www.copyrighted.com.

The tutorials are, unless otherwise stated, my idea and written by me, any similarity to any other tutorial is entirely coincidental. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Vivienne and Vivienne's Paintbox with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Search Blog

Blog Archive

I CT for






Talk to me!