Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting the tutorials, thank you.

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Looking for Love




Looking for Love

In this tutorial I used the amazing art of Alicia Mujica.
You need a license to use Alicia’s art.
I purchased mine for this tube here.

The scrapkit I have used is “Inspired Garrett Blair 19” by
This is the second tutorial I have written with this awesome kit!
You can get it here.

You will also need a mask, I used Weescotslass’ mask 82, here.

I used the font Last Words, here.




Elements need sharpening after resizing/rotating as it makes them a little blurry, check out my Tips and Tricks page for more info.



Open a new transparent canvas 600 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used Paper11_InspGB19_Schnegge.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, deselect and apply the mask.  Resize 95%.

Open Frame01_InspGB19_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 75%. 

Open Paper5_InspGB19_Schnegge and copy.  Select the interior of the frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 20, make a new layer below the frame layer and paste the paper into the selection, de-select.  We will come back to this later.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer, resize as needed, place in position and apply a drop shadow vertical and horizontal 5, opacity 75, blur 10.

Open Leaf02_InspGB19_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 70%, drag down below the tube and place in position.  I re-coloured this to better complement my tube, check out my Tips and Tricks page for info on re-colouring. Apply the last drop shadow.

Open Bow01_InspGB19_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 80%, place in position and apply the last drop shadow.

Open Flower07_InspGB19_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 70%, drag down below the bow and place in position to the left of of the tube.  I re-coloured the flower the same as the leaf.  Apply the last drop shadow.

Open Leaf01_InspGB19_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 65% and rotate 10 degrees to the left, drag right down until its just above the mask layer, place in position so it shows on the left of the frame and apply the last drop shadow.

Open Crow_InspGB19_Schnegge, paste as a new layer and bring to the top.  Resize 40%, place in position and apply the last drop shadow.  Again I re-coloured the crow to match my leaves.

Check the positions of your layers and make any necessary adjustments.

Open your tube again, or the close up if you have one and mirror it.  Paste as a new layer, drag down below the frame layer, resize as needed and position inside the frame.  Activate the frame layer and select the interior of it with your magic wand, invert the selection, go back to the tube and hit delete to remove the excess, change the blend mode to hard light and lower the opacity to around 60.  Apply a drop shadow to the frame vertical and horizontal 5, opacity 50, blur 10.  Apply the drop shadow again changing the vertical and horizontal to -5.

Open Ace_InspGB19_Schnegge, paste as a new layer and bring to the top for now.  Resize 20% and duplicate half a dozen times or so.  Use your pick tool to rotate the cards so they are at different angles, position them between the layers and apply the drop shadow to each changing the vertical and horizontal back to 5 and the opacity to 70. 

Crop your tag and add your copyright information and text then export as a jpeg with compression set to 5 or on a transparent background as a png.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, I certainly enjoyed writing it!  If you have any questions, please email me here.  As always, I would love to see your result and include it in the gallery!




No comments:

Post a Comment