About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, living in the UK and married with a son who now lives in Perth, Australia and a daughter who has given me two gorgeous grandsons! Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials!

Contact me

Follow me

My blinkie

My weather

World time

Popular Posts

My Licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

My Tubed Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

Stickerchick – SC1875

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’Sign Depot – DD_CTVG

TinyTurtle Designs - TTD02490





In this tutorial I am using the art of Amy Brown.
You need a license to use Amy’s art,
I purchased mine from CILM but
they are now available here.

I am using a gorgeous kit called “Secret Garden” by
You can get it here.
I just love this kit Cora, thank you!

You will also need a mask, I used Monti’s circle mask, here.

I used the font Tension, you can get it here.



 
Remember to sharpen your elements after rotating/resizing to take away the blurriness (adjust – sharpen – unsharp mask – radius and clipping 5, strength 50).

Drop shadow used throughout is vertical and horizontal 5, opacity 75, blur 5.


Open a new transparent canvas 600 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used pd12-pp-06.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, de-select and apply the mask.

Open pd12-arch and paste as a new layer. Resize 85%, move over slightly to the left. We will work on this layer again later so no drop shadow at the moment.

Open your tube, copy and paste as a new layer, resize as required and position inside the arch, apply the drop shadow.

Open pd-mesh and paste as a new layer. Resize 75%, drag down below the arch layer, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-plants-03, paste as a new layer and drag it up above the arch. Mirror, resize 65%, place in position on the left of the arch and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-vine, paste as a new layer and bring to the top. Resize 85% and apply the drop shadow. Now we need to position this vine so its hanging over the tube like she is hiding behind it. A large part of it will stick up at the top but don’t worry about that for now.

Open pd12-plants-04 and paste as a new layer. Mirror, resize 45% and place in position so the widest part on the left goes over the vine, apply the drop shadow. Now go back to the vine layer and erase that large part at the top.

Open pd12-peas and paste as a new layer. Resize 30%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-key as paste as a new layer. Resize 30%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Check the positioning of your elements so far and make any adjustments.

Go back to the arch layer and duplicate it, being careful not to move its position, drag the duplicate up so its just above the tube layer. Carefully erase the back legs of the arch so it looks like the tube is sitting under the arch. Apply the drop shadow to this layer only.

When you are happy with everything so far, close off the white background and the mask layers and merge visible (save it first in case you want to go back lol). At this stage I had the front leg of the arch showing a bit below the tube but we will take care of that later.

Open pd12-door and paste as a new layer. Resize 70%, drag down below your merged layer, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-plants-05 and paste as a new layer. Resize 65%, drag down below the door layer and position so a little bit of it is showing on the right hand side of the door.

Open pd12_sparkle, paste as a new layer and bring to the top. Resize 80% and place in position.

Open pd12-book and paste as a new layer. Resize 30%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-grass and paste as a new layer. Resize 45% and duplicate twice. Close off the top duplicate, we will come back to that later.  Mirror one of the copies and arrange along the bottom of the tube. Merge the top copy down onto the bottom copy and apply the drop shadow. If you still have some parts of the arch showing below this layer you can erase them.  I blended the bottom of the grass layer into the mask layer by dabbing the eraser brush on it size 50 and opacity 10.

Open up the grass layer that you hid, mirror it and drag it down below your main merged layer and position it so a little is showing along the bottom of the door. Apply the drop shadow to this layer also.

Open pd12-flower-overlay and paste as a new layer. Resize 60%, drag down below that last grass layer and place in position on the bottom of the door, apply the drop shadow.

Open pd12-sign, paste as a new layer and bring to the top. Resize 70%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Crop your tag and resize if required, add your copyright information and text and export as a jpeg with compression set to 5 or on a transparent background as a png.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions, please email me here.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

This site is registered for copyright with www.copyrighted.com.

The tutorials are, unless otherwise stated, my idea and written by me, any similarity to any other tutorial is entirely coincidental. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Vivienne and Vivienne's Paintbox with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Search Blog

Blog Archive

I CT for






Talk to me!