About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, living in the UK and married with a son who now lives in Perth, Australia and a daughter who has given me two gorgeous grandsons! Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials!

Contact me

Follow me

My blinkie

My weather

World time

Popular Posts

My Licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

My Tubed Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

Stickerchick – SC1875

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’Sign Depot – DD_CTVG

TinyTurtle Designs - TTD02490






In this tutorial I am using the art of Badtaste.
You require a license to use Badtaste’s art,
available only at Dreamscape Imaging.

The scrap kit I have used is “Emo Christmas” by
Unfortunately this kit is no longer available but I have left the
tut up for people that already have it or have a substitute.

You will also need a mask, I used Gem’s mask 206, here.

Font of choice.

If you wish to do the animation, you will also need Animation Shop.



Don’t forget to sharpen your elements after resizing as otherwise they will be a bit blurry (adjust – sharpness – unsharp mask, radius and clipping 3, strength 30.

Drop shadow used throughout is vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 75, blur 5.


Open a new transparent canvas 650 by 650 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used –emchristmastk-paper1.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, de-select and apply the mask. Resize 85%.

Open –emochristmastk-glitter-brushed-purple and paste as a new layer. Resize 80% and apply the drop shadow.

Open –emochristmastk-frame2 and paste as a new layer. Resize also 80%.

Open another of the papers and copy, this time I used –emochristmastk-paper2. Select the interior of the frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 5, make a new layer below the frame layer and paste the paper into the selection, de-select. Go back to the frame layer and apply the drop shadow. Merge the frame layer down onto the paper layer.

Open –emochristmastk-snowflakes and paste as a new layer. Resize again 80%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open –emochristmastk-clip-left and paste as a new layer. Place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open –emochristmastk-tree and paste as a new layer. Resize 70%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer. Resize as required, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open –emochristmastk-wordart-1 and paste as a new layer. Resize 60%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Check the positioning of all your layers and when you are happy, crop your tag and resize if required, add your copyright information and text. If you do not wish to do the animation, export as a jpeg with compression set to 5 or on a transparent background as a png.

Now for the animation!!

Duplicate the tree layer 3 times so you have four copies, close out the 3 copies and activate the original.

Open your Lighten/Darken brush. I have included a screenshot below so you can find it if you are not familiar with it. I am using PSPX3 but you should be able to find it in other versions. I didn’t resize my tag and had the brush size set on 40, if you resized you may need to make it a little smaller. 


Click on one of the balls on the Christmas tree four times to lighten it. Do this on 3 or 4 of the balls. When you are done, close out this layer, open the second layer and do the same thing on 3 or 4 different balls. Do the same thing on the other 2 layers.
 
Now we need to take our tag into animation shop. Close out the 3 copy tree layers and have just the first original layer open. Right click on your tag, copy merged and paste as a new layer in Animation Shop. Back in psp, close out this tree layer and open the second one, right click again, copy merged and paste in Animation Shop “after current frame”. Do the same thing for the other 2 layers. Click on edit – select all then go to animation – frame properties and change the properties to 25. Run your tag through the optimization wizard on the default settings and save as a gif.

 I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and maybe it taught you about an new tool in PSP! If you have any questions, please email me here. I would, of course, love to see your result!








 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

This site is registered for copyright with www.copyrighted.com.

The tutorials are, unless otherwise stated, my idea and written by me, any similarity to any other tutorial is entirely coincidental. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Vivienne and Vivienne's Paintbox with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Search Blog

Blog Archive

I CT for






Talk to me!