About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, living in the UK and married with a son who now lives in Perth, Australia and a daughter who has given me two gorgeous grandsons! Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials!

Contact me

Follow me

My blinkie

My weather

World time

Popular Posts

My Licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

My Tubed Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

Stickerchick – SC1875

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’Sign Depot – DD_CTVG

TinyTurtle Designs - TTD02490






In this tutorial I am using the art of Ray Leaning.
You require a license to use Ray’s art,
which you can get here.
The tube I used is actually a free tube
although you still require a license to use it.
You will find it in the “Free Tubes” section.

I am using an awesome scrap kit “Burlesque” by
Thank you Jo!

I used Filters Unlimited 2.0,
Photo Aging Kit, Cracked Paper
but this optional if you don’t have the plugin.

You will also require a mask.
I used Gems mask 21,
you can get it here, its in set 1.

 

Don’t forget to sharpen your elements after resizing and rotating, essential for a good looking tag (adjust – sharpness – unsharp mask – radius and clipping 5, strength 50).

 
I used a drop shadow of vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 60, blur 5 on all my elements.

As I was using a black and white tube, I re-colored some of the elements in the kit.


Open a new transparent canvas 600 by 550 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueFrame 4 and paste as a new layer. Resize 80% and rotate 15 degrees to the left.  Open your tube and paste as new layer, mirror it,  resize as required and position inside the frame. Go back to the frame layer and select the interior with your magic wand, expand the selection by 10, invert the selection, go back to your tube layer and hit delete to remove the excess. Lower the opacity to around 60.  Do not deselect.

Make a new layer below your tube layer, invert the selection again and flood fill with a colour of choice, I used a light grey. Close off the background and frame layers and merge visible. Apply Filters Unlimited 2.0, Photo Aging Kit, Cracked Paper, just hit on randomize until you get a nice aged photo effect.  Open your frame layer and apply the drop shadow. Merge visible again and then open your background layer.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueCompact and paste as a new layer. Resize 70%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open your tube again and paste as a new layer. Resize as required, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueBougainville2 and paste as a new layer. Resize 40% and rotate 15 degrees to the right. Drag down below the compact layer. Duplicate this layer, mirror the duplicate and rotate 25 degrees to the right. Place the layers into position and apply the drop shadow to each.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueCorset2 and paste as a new layer. Resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueRose and paste as a new layer. Resize 40%, duplicate and mirror the duplicate. Place both roses into position and apply the drop shadow to each.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueMask1 and paste as a new layer. Resize 75% and rotate 10 degrees to the right. Place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueDotBow and paste as new layer. Resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueLipstick2, click on your compact layer and then paste as a new layer. Resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueCigarettes, paste as a new layer and bring to the top. Resize 75%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueRing and paste as a new layer. Resize 20%, place in position behind the cigarettes, apply the drop shadow and then erase part of the cigarettes so that the diamonds are showing on top of the packet.

Open one of the papers, I used CBJ_BurlesquePaper5 and copy. Click on your white background layer, make a new layer, select all, paste the paper into the selection and de-select. Apply the mask, resize 90% and lower the opacity to around 70.

Open CBJ_BurlesqueStars and paste as a new layer. Resize 50% and apply the drop shadow.

Crop your tag and resize as required, then apply your copyright information and text.
Export as a jpeg with compression set to 5 or save as a png on a transparent background.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions, please email me here.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

This site is registered for copyright with www.copyrighted.com.

The tutorials are, unless otherwise stated, my idea and written by me, any similarity to any other tutorial is entirely coincidental. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Vivienne and Vivienne's Paintbox with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Search Blog

Blog Archive

I CT for






Talk to me!