About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, living in the UK and married with a son who now lives in Perth, Australia and a daughter who has given me two gorgeous grandsons! Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials!

Contact me

Follow me

My blinkie

My weather

World time

Popular Posts

My Licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

My Tubed Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

Stickerchick – SC1875

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’Sign Depot – DD_CTVG

TinyTurtle Designs - TTD02490






In this tutorial I used the art of Amy Matthews.
You need a license to use Amy’s art,
they are available at Creative Design Outlet.

The kit I used was inspired by this tube #16-2 and is by
You can kit also at Creative Design Outlet.
I love this tube and the kit,
thank you so much Schnegge!

You will also need a mask, I used HorsePlay’s Pasture mask 10, here.

Font is Upper East Side, here.


It is important to sharpen your elements after resizing/rotating as otherwise they will be a little blurry.   If you are not familiar with this, check out my Tips and Tricks page for more info.

I used a drop shadow throughout of vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 75, blur 5.



Open a new transparent canvas 650 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open P01_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and copy.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, deselect and apply the mask.  Resize 90%.

Open Frame01_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Mirror, resize 80% and move over to the right.  We come back to the frame later.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer, resize as needed, place in position and apply the drop shadow. 

Open Leaves_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 85%, drag down below the tube, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Corset_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 55%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Flower02_IBmattews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 60%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Heart02_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 60%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Cupcake_IBmattews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 45%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Ribbon_IBmatthrews16-2_Schnegge, paste as a new layer and bring to the top.  Resize 75%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Cherries_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 70%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Flower03_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Mirror, resize 50%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open Bow02_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 40%, place in position and apply the drop shadow. 

Check the positions of your layers so far and make any necessary adjustments.

Close off your tube and the corset so you can see the frame.  Click on the frame to activate it and use your freehold selection tool to draw a selection around it like my screenshot below.



Open P02_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and copy.  Make a new layer below the frame and paste the paper into the selection.  Do not deselect but you can open the closed layers.

Open your tube again or the close up if you have one and mirror, copy and paste as a new layer, resize as needed and position inside the frame, invert the selection and hit delete to remove the excess tube, deselect.  Apply the drop shadow to the frame and the tube and change the blend mode on the tube to Luminance.

Open Splat_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge, paste as a new layer and drag down until its just above the mask layer.  Use your Pick tool (Deform tool in earlier versions) to squash it in a bit at the sides as it’s a bit wide but we need the length (don’t forget to sharpen, this will make it pretty blurry, I unsharped mask twice with the strength on 30).  If you are not familiar with this tool, check out my In the Dark tut which I wrote in July as it has some screenshots using this tool. Apply the drop shadow.

Open Gems_IBmatthews16-2_Schnegge and paste as a new layer.  Resize 50% (again, I unsharped mask twice on these), duplicate a couple of times and arrange around your tag, you can erase some if they are in the wrong place.  Apply the drop shadow to each layer.

Again, check the positions of your layers and make any necessary adjustments, when you are happy, crop your tag and add your copyright information and text, then export as a jpeg with compression set to 5 or on a transparent background as a png.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions, please email me here and don’t forget to send me your result as I love to see them and include them in the gallery!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

This site is registered for copyright with www.copyrighted.com.

The tutorials are, unless otherwise stated, my idea and written by me, any similarity to any other tutorial is entirely coincidental. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Vivienne and Vivienne's Paintbox with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Search Blog

Blog Archive

I CT for






Talk to me!