Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting the tutorials, thank you.

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Sexy and I Know It





In this tutorial I am using the art of Barbara Jensen.
If you wish to use the same tube as me, you will need a license,
I got mine here.

I am using a new kit called “Sexy and I know it” by

Unfortunately this kit is no longer available but I have left the
tut up for people that already have it or have a substitute.

You will also need a mask, I used Gem’s mask 180, here.

I used Bank Gothic font.
If you want the same effect on the text as me,
you will need Alien Skin, Eye Candy 5, Impact, Glass plugin.

 This is an easy tutorial written with detailed instructions for beginners. 


 
Remember to sharpen your elements after rotating/resizing to take away the blurriness it causes (adjust – sharpen – unsharp mask, radius and clipping 5, strength 30).



Open a new transparent canvas 600 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used tk-sexy&Iknowit-paper3.  Make a new layer on your canvas, select all  (selections - select all), paste the paper into the selection, de-select (selections - select none). Open the mask in paintshop and minimise, go to layer - new mask layer - from image and browse for the mask, check the box "source luminance" and hit "ok". Go to layers - merge - merge group.  Resize the mask layer 85%.

Open tk-sexy&Iknowit-element14 and paste as a new layer. Resize 65% and rotate 10 degrees to the right (layers - free rotate, check "right" and type 10 in the box), apply a drop shadow, vertical and horizontal 1, opacity 70, blur 3 (effects - 3D effects - drop shadow).

Open tk-sexy&Iknowit-element23 and paste as a new layer.  Resize also 65% and apply a drop shadow, this time vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 70, blur 5.

Open tk-sexy&Iknowit-frame5 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 50% and move over a little to the left.  Select the interior of the frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 5 (selections - modify - expand).

Open another of the papers and copy, this time I used tk-sexy&Iknowit-paper3.  Make a new layer below the frame layer (layers - new raster layer) and paste the paper into the selection (just right click on your canvas and go to "paste into selection"), de-select.  Go back to the frame layer and apply the last drop shadow and then merge the frame layer down onto the paper layer (with the frame layer active, layers - merge - merge down).

Open tk-sexy&Iknowit-element3 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 65%, place in position and apply the last drop shadow.

Open your tube, copy and paste as a new layer, resize as required, place in position and apply the last drop shadow.

Open tk-sexy&Iknowit-element25 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 65%, drag down below the tube layer, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open tk-sexy&Iknowit-element18 and paste as a new layer.  Resize 45%, place in position and apply the last drop shadow.

Open tk-sexy&Iknowit_wordart1, paste as a new layer and bring to the top.  Resize 50%, place in position and apply the last drop shadow.

If you have used a part body tube as I have, go back to the tube, open your erasor tool, set the size to 100 and the opacity to 15 and dab around the base of the tube until the harsh line at the bottom has blended into the mask layer.

Crop your tag and resize if needed, add your copyright information and text.

I chose a very dark grey for my font and applied Alien Skin, Eye Candy 5, Impact, Glass (click on "clear" under settings).

Export your tag as a jpeg with compression set to 5 or on a transparent background as a png. I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions, please email me here. As always I would love to see your result and include it in the gallery!


No comments:

Post a Comment