About Me

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, living in the UK and married with a son who now lives in Perth, Australia and a daughter who has given me two gorgeous grandsons! Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials!

Contact me

Follow me

My blinkie

My weather

World time

Popular Posts

My Licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

My Tubed Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

Stickerchick – SC1875

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’Sign Depot – DD_CTVG

TinyTurtle Designs - TTD02490




In this tutorial I am using the art of Evels-Selena.
You need a license to use Evels-Selena’s art,
available at

I am using a free to use kit called “Vampire Diaries” by
Chassity of Polkadot Scraps.
You can get the kit here.
Thank you Chassity, its an awesome kit!

You will also need a mask, I used Gems’ mask 22, here.
Its in set 1.

Font used is Twilight.
This is a free font and you can get it here.


Dont forget to sharpen your elements after resizing/rotating. This is essential to remove the blurriness and make a good looking tag (adjust - sharpness - unsharp mask - radius and clipping 5, strength30).

Drop shadow used throughout is vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 75, blur 5.


Open a new transparent canvas 550 by 500 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open one of the papers and copy, I used PDS_VD-paper 7. Make a new layer on your canvas, select all, paste the paper into the selection, de-select and apply the mask. Resize 85%.

Open PDS_VD-frame2 and paste as a new layer. Resize 65%. Select the interior of your frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 5. Open another of the papers and copy, this time I used PDS_VD-paper6. Make a new layer on your canvas below your frame layer and paste the paper into the selection, de-select. Go back to the frame layer and apply the drop shadow. Close of the background and mask layers and merge visible. Re-open the closed layers.

Open PDS_VD-clock and paste as a new layer. Place in position as in my tag and apply the drop shadow.

Open PDS_VD-frame1 and paste as a new layer. Resize 65% and place in position. Select the interior of the frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 5. Copy one of the papers, I used PDS_VD-paper7 again. Make a new layer below the frame layer, paste the paper into the selection, de-select. Go back to the frame layer and apply the drop shadow.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer. Position her coming out of the frame and apply the drop shadow.

Open PDS_VD-key1 and paste as a new layer. Resize 20%, place in position on the left of the top frame and apply the drop shadow.

Open PDS_VD-ribbon1 and paste as a new layer. Resize 25%. Place in position over the key and apply the drop shadow. Erase the part of the ribbon that goes over the tube.

Close of the background, mask, first merged frame and clock layers and merge visble. Re-open the closed layers.

Open PDS_VD-leaves2 and paste as a new layer. Resize 80% and rotate 10 degrees to the left. Drag the layer down so its just above the first frame layer, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open PDS_VD-flower1 and paste as a new layer. Mirror, rotate 10 degrees to the left, resize 65%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open PDS_VD_glittersplat1 and paste as a new layer. Resize 60% and drag down so its just above the mask layer. Duplicate a couple of times, flip, mirror however you like and arrange around the bottom frame. Apply the drop shadow to each layer.

Open PDS_VD-scatter and paste as a new layer. Resize 80%. Again duplicate and position around the frame like you did the glittersplats. Apply the drop shadow to each layer.

Ppen PDS_VD-crow, paste as a new layer and bring to the top.  Mirror and resize 30%. We will position when we have done the text.

Check the positioning of all your layers and when you are happy, crop your tag and resize if required.  Add your copyright information and text. When you have positioned the text, drag the crow to the top and stand him on it.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions, please email me here.  I would love to see your result and add it to the gallery!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

This site is registered for copyright with www.copyrighted.com.

The tutorials are, unless otherwise stated, my idea and written by me, any similarity to any other tutorial is entirely coincidental. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this blog, without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Vivienne and Vivienne's Paintbox with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Search Blog

Blog Archive

I CT for






Talk to me!