Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting, thank you.

Sunday, 19 June 2011

Superstar





In this tutorial I am using the art of Zlata.
You require a license to use Zlata’s art,
you can get it here.

I am using Schnegge’s fabulous new kit
“We Are All Superstars”.
Check out Schnegge's site here.
You can get the kit here.

Thank you Schnegge.

I am using Gem’s mask 8.
You can get it here, its in set 1.

If you want to do your text like mine, you will need a fattish font.
I am using Bodini Poster which is a free font.


Don’t forget to sharpen your elements after resizing and rotating, otherwise they will look blurry (adjust – sharpen – unsharp mask, radius and clipping 5, strength 30).
 

Open a new transparent canvas 650 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open frame03_waas_Schnegge and paste as a new layer. Resize 75%. Click inside the frame with your magic wand and expand the selection by 10.

Open one of the papers, I used p12_waas_Schnegge and recoloured it to complement my tube. Resize the paper 80%, copy it and paste as a new layer below the frame. Invert the selection and delete the excess paper. Do not de-select.

Open  cityscape_waas_schnegge, resize 80% and paste as a new layer. Position nicely in the frame and hit delete again to remove the excess outside the frame. De-select.

Apply a drop shadow vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 70 and blur 5 to both the frame layer and the cityscape layer.

Open some of the stars, resize them and position around the frame. I used star05_waas_Schnegge and star 06_waas_Schnegge resized 15% and star03_waas_Schnegge resized 25%. Apply the drop shadow to each star.

Open headphones_waas_Schnegge and paste as a new layer. Resize 25% and apply the drop shadow. Hook the headphones over one of the studs on the frame.

Open pianokeys_waas_Schnegge and paste as a new layer. Resize 80% and rotate to the left 20 degrees. Place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open stars01_waas_Schnegge and paste as a new layer. Resize 75%. Position on the pianokeys. Erase any stars that are above and not on the pianokeys.

Open a couple of the flowers, resize them and place in position. I used flower06_waas_Schnegge and flower 08_waas_Schnegge both resized 40%. Apply the drop shadow to each layer.

Open wings_waas_Schnegge and paste as a new layer. Resize 80%. I used a tighter drop shadow on the wings with less opacity of vertical and horizontal 1, opacity 40, blur 3. When I applied the drop shadow I put it on a seperate layer and erased part of the shadow away from the top where it looked a bit heavy. I did that by just tapping on it with my erasor set on size 50 and opacity 10.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer. Resize as required and place in position. Apply the original drop shadow.

Open hearts_waas_Schnegge and paste as a new layer. Resize 55%, drag down below your tube layer and place in position around the tube. Apply the last drop shadow.

Open microphone_waas_Schnegge and paste as a new layer on top of your tube. Resize 25%, place in position and apply the drop shadow.

Open one of the papers, I used p19_waas_Schnegge.  Click on your bottom white layer, make a new layer, select all, copy and paste the paper into the selection and de-select.  Apply your mask. I resized the mask 90%.

Crop your tag, resize if required and apply your copyright information.

Copy your cityscape layer and paste it as a new image. We are going to make a pattern from it for the text. Crop the cityscape something like my screenshot below so you just have a small square.



With your background set to the pattern and your foreground set to white, stroke width 3, write your text and apply the drop shadow.

Export your tag as a jpeg with compression set to 5.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions, you can email me here.







 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for another great Tut, love it, will write You later *hugssssssssss*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Schnegge! I am glad you like it, very nice kit!

    ReplyDelete