Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting, thank you.

Saturday, 7 May 2011

Brightly




This is a very quick, easy, colourful tutorial.
I am using the art of Dean Yeagle.
You require a license to use Dean's tubes which I purchased from CILM.
You can now purchase the tubes/licenses at Creative Design Outlet.

I am using a lovely, colourful, freebie kit from Pimp’d Designz called Brightly.
Its nice to get such a pretty kit for free so please
leave some love when you download.

You will also need a mask.
I used Monti’s circle mask which you can get here.

I am using a font called DC Hibiscus which is a free font.



Open a new transparent canvas 600 by 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open pd-frame-03 and paste as a new layer. Resize 80%. Click inside the frame and expand the selection by 10. Open a paper, I used pd-pp-02. Make a new layer below the frame and paste the paper into the selection. Go back to the frame layer and apply a drop shadow, vertical and horizontal 2, opacity 60, blur 5.

Open pd-rainbow and paste as a new layer. Resize 80%, place in position and apply the same drop shadow.

Open your tube, paste as a new layer, resize as required and apply the drop shadow. Place your tube in position in the frame. See my Pirouette tutorial for a neat way to position a tube coming through a frame.

Open pd-greens-01 and paste as a new layer, mirror, place in position below the frame and paper layers, erase any part that shows at the bottom of the frame and apply the drop shadow.

Open pd-flower-01 and paste as a new layer. Resize 65%, position on top of the frame and apply your drop shadow.

Open pd-flower-02 and paste as a new layer. Resize 65%, place in position and apply your drop shadow.

Open one of the butterflies, paste as a new layer, resize and apply your drop shadow. I resized my butterfly 30% and mirrored it.

Open one of the papers, I used pd-pp-05. Click on your bottom white background layer and select all, make a new layer and paste the paper into the selection. Apply your mask. I resized my mask 95%.

Crop your tag and resize if required. Apply your copyright information and text.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any problems, please email me here.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment