About Me

My Photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! I am Vivienne, married with a two children and one grandchild living in the UK. Paint Shop has been my hobby for more years than I can remember and I love making tags. I have always loved doing tutorials written by others and a couple of years ago started writing them myself. As well as tag tutorials, I also have a Tips and Tricks page where you will find tutorials on basic Paint Shop techniques. I hope you enjoy my blog and have fun with my tutorials. Please be sure also to check out the Tag Gallery and see some of the awesome results to the tutorials! Dragonfly

My Blinkies

Photobucket
Photobucket

Time in London

Weather in London

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

My licenses

Alicia Mujica - LDS1095

LDS_584

AMI - AMI5350

Arthur Crowe - AC495

Artistic Dreams Imaging - ADI-01632

Barbara Jensen - BJ0784

BJVIP18

Celinart - C1841P

Creative Design Outlet - CDO-1951

CILM - CI-1360LM

Digital Chaos - DC-113

Dreamscape Imaging - DSI582

Elias Chatzoudis - EAS10253

Garv - KG2307

KATNKDA - NK1759

Mistaken Art - MTA_F133

MTA-1337

My PSP Tubes - MPT1875

Mystical Scraps MSV1825G

Myka Jelina - MK1328

Scraps and the City - SATC1209

Scraps & Co. - S&CO209

Spazz Art - Spazz-971VG
Stickerchick – SC1875

Suzanne Woolcott - SW169

Pics For Design - PFD_Dragonfly

PSP Project - TPP01390

Psp Tubes Emporium - PTE1351

TooshToosh - Toosh2548

Up Your Art - UYA0859

Verymany - VMT_Dragonfly

Zindy - ZZT439

Zlata_M - zlatam_dragonfly

Dees’sign Depot – DD_CTVG

Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before you start on the tutorials, thank you.

Monday, 7 March 2011




This tutorial uses the art of Myka Jelina and requires a license.
You can purchase Myka’s tubes/licenses here.

I used the beautiful kit Metallica by CBJ.
Please visit Jo’s blog here.

The tutorial uses Filters Unlimited 2.
You will also need a mask of choice and a font.
I used Monotype Corsiva.



 

Open a new canvas 650 x 600 pixels and flood fill with white.

Open CBJ_Metallica_TripleFrame and paste as a new layer. Resize by 50%. Go to Adjust – Sharpen – Unsharp mask, radius and clipping 5, strength 50.

With your magic wand click inside each part of the frame and expand your selection by 8.  Make a new layer and flood fill with a dark colour from your tube.  Drag this layer below the frame. Back on the frame layer apply a drop shadow horizontal and vertical 2, opacity 70, blur 5.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer. Duplicate the tube twice, resize/mirror the layers to your liking and position between the frame and dark colour layers. Add a drop shadow to each tube the same settings as before.  Remove the parts of the tubes that show outside the frame.

Change the blend mode on the right and left hand tubes to overlay, leaving the centre tube on normal.  Close all layers apart from the three tube layers and the background colour layer below the frame. Merge visible and then re-open the closed layers.

We are now going to apply some effects on the merged layer to give it an aged look.

Filters Unlimited 2 – Photo Aging Kit – Dust and Scratches. Move the texture slider until you get a look you like. You can apply the filter more than once to get a better effect.

Apply Filters Unlimited 2 – Photo Aging Kit – Dirt and Dust. I used the default settings for this, how much you need depends on how much dust you put on with the first filer.

Apply Filters Unlimited 2 – Photo Aging Kit – Coffee Ring. This makes a nice dirty coffee cup stain! As before, move the sliders until you get a look you like, you can position the coffee stain and change the size with the sliders. Again you can use the filter more than once.

Click on your top frame layer, open your main tube again and paste as a new layer. Resize and position to your liking. Apply the same drop shadow as before.

Open CBJ_Metallica_BeadCog and paste as a new layer. Resize by 50% twice, unsharp mask as before and apply a drop shadow vertical and horizontal 1, opacity 50, blur 3. Drag this layer down until its above your bottom background layer and position it to the left as in my tag.

Open CBJ_MetallicaFlowerB and paste as a new layer.  Resize by 50% and then by 80%. Unsharp mask with the same settings as before and apply the same drop shadow as you did for the frame and tubes. Place in position over the cog.

Open CBJ_Metallica_Rings and paste as a new layer. Resize by 50%, unsharp mask as before and apply the same drop shadow as you did to the cog. Drag this layer below the cog and flower layers and position. I erased a few down the bottom and around the flower.

Click on your top tube layer and open one or more of the butterflies. I used CBJ_Metallica_Butterfly3 which I resized to 15%, rotated 20 degrees to the left unsharpened as before but with the strength at 50 and added my drop shadow. I used the same butterfly again, this time rotated to the right.

Click on your white background layer and make a new layer, select all, open CBJ_Metallic_Paper5 and paste as a new layer. Apply your mask.

Crop your tag and resize as required.

Add your copyright and text. For the main font I used the paper 5 at a scale of 20 as the outline and a colour from my tube as the background. I applied an inner bevel – bevel 2, width 8, smoothness 10, depth 2, ambiance 0, shininess 10, angle 315, intensity 30 and elevation 60. I then applied the same drop shadow as I did on the frame.

 If you have any problems, please email me here.







0 comments:

Best viewed in Firefox

Copyright

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dragonfly and Dragonfly's PSP Tutorials with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Translate

Contact me

News


Gerben Den Heeten is now selling his tubes at his own store Gerb-Art, you can check them out here

Life for me has been very busy lately, preparing to move house and most importantly a new little man that came into my life and takes up a lot of his grandma's time, not that I grumbling of course, I cherish every moment spent with him but it doesnt give me much time to play with PSP so I have decided to retire from making Incredimail letters and dedicate any PSP time I have to writing tutorials.

Victor Garduno has very kindly allowed free usage of his art for personal use to tag makers. His only request is that he is properly credited on your tag.
http://www.victor-garduno.com/


Up Your Art is closing, most artists will be moving to The PSP Project. Be sure you have your tubes and receipts backed up!

I have major computer problems, dead hard drive, will be back soon as I can.

So sad to see Bev from Horsplay's Pasture is retiring. Wishing her all the best in her new ventures but her tutorials will be missed

I am very much looking forward to working again with Schnegge's Scraps' kits so look out for new tutorials with some fabulous tubes from CDO!

I am very happy to be part of Mirella from A [Space] Between's creative team. You can check out her fabulous kits at her
shoppe.

Check out the fabulous new artist Jeff Haynie at CDO, his cat tubes are just adorable!

Crazy Carita's kits that were formerly sold at Creative Design Outlet are now available at
Barbara Jensen's store.

Dees'Sign Depot kits that were formerly sold at Creative Design Outlet are now available at Dee's store.



Labels

Creative Teams



Photobucket Photobucket Grab my Blinkie
 photo DSD_D-S-Dblogspot_zpsc18de145.gif Photobucket

Chat Box

Follow by Email

Followers