Please read my "About my Tutorials" page before starting the tutorials, thank you.

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Fairy Tale




In this tutorial I used the art of Rachael Anderson which I purchased at CILM.
Rachael now sells her tubes at Creative Design Outlet.

I used a beautiful scrap kit called Serenity by CBJ which is exclusive to Dreamscape Imaging.
Please visit Jo's blog here for details.

You will require a mask of you choice.




Open a new transparent canvas 700 x 650 pixels. You can resize later. Flood fill this layer with white.

Open CBJ_SerenityFoilageRingFrame and paste as a new layer. Resize by 50% and apply a drop shadow vertical and horizontal – 5, opacity 70, blur 10.

Open CBJ_SerenityPlant and paste as a new layer. Resize by 60%. Move over to the left hand side as my tag. Duplicate this layer and move it over to the right and down a bit.  Apply the same drop shadow as before to each layer.

Open CBJ_SerenityFoliage and paste as a new layer. Resize by 80%, position a little over to the left and apply the same drop shadow as before.

Open CBJ_SerenityFlower1 and paste as new layer.  Resize by 50% and position over to the left as my tag. Duplicate this layer, resize it by 80% and mirror. Move this layer over to the right and down a little. Apply the same drop shadow as before to each layer.

Open CBJ_SerenityFlower2 and paste as a new layer. Resize by 50% and position over to the left to the side of Flower 1. Apply the same drop shadow as before.

Open CBJ_SerenityToadstalls and paste as a new layer. Resize by 90%. Apply the same drop shadow as before.

Open CBJ_SerenityBook and paste as a new layer. Resize by 55% and position down a little as my tag. Apply a drop shadow vertical and horizontal – 5, opacity 60, blur -10.

Open your tube and paste as a new layer. Position the tube on the book. I put a soft drop shadow on my tube of vertical and horizontal – 3, opacity -40, blur 10.  I then erased a little of her feet so it looked as if she was standing in the pages.

Check all your layers are in position and adjust if necessary, erasing any parts that show below the bottom of the book.

Open CBJ_SerenityCloud and paste as a new layer. Resize by 90%, drag this layer down below the book and position as my tag. Duplicate this layer, resize again by 90%. Move this layer up higher and to the right and drag down until is below the plant layers.

Open CBJ_SerenityLamp, click on your top layer and paste the lamp as a new layer. Resize 50%, again by 50% and again by 80%, rotate the right 10 degrees. Adjust – sharpness – unsharp mask, radius and clipping 5, strength 30.  Drag this layer below the book and position over to the right as my tag.  Apply a drop shadow horizontal and vertical – 2, opacity – 60, blur – 5.

Open CBJ_SerenityButterflies, click on your top layer again and paste the butterflies as a new layer. Resize by 50% and again by 50%.  Position the butterflies over your tube and apply a drop shadow vertical and horizontal – 5, opacity – 60, blur -10.

As my tube was holding out her hand so obligingly, I also added CBJ_SerenityLightBeam which I resized by 60%, mirrored and rotated to the right 15 degrees. I dragged this layer below the butterflies.

Now is the time to crop and resize if you wish to do so.

Open a paper of your choice, I used CBJ_SerenityPaper7. Click on your bottom white layer, make a new layer, select all and paste the paper into the selection. Add a mask of your choice.  

Add your copyright information and text.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any problems, you can email me here.







No comments:

Post a Comment